Sunday, May 8, 2011

LIVESTRONG Blog Hop Day 2

Thank you all for passing by and sharing your stories!

I am so glad to hear from everyone.

Here are a few links that I would love to share with you all:




If there are any sites you would like to share, please feel free to leave them in the comments. 

In 2001 I participated in a 3day walk to raise money for Breast Cancer.
I will never forget this one lady. I never got her name.
It was the second day and I was exhausted from the heat (this was in Miami, FL).
They have vehicles that drive around and pick up walkers that are injured or tired.
Well, right when I was about to wave down this van, this woman comes up behind me and starts
talking to me. About what? Anything.
Next thing I know I walk an extra 3 miles to the next rest stop with her.
She told me "If you fee like giving up remember me", and gave me a bracelet.
Had had to have a breast removed due to cancer.
I was wearing the bracelet everyday as a reminder to never give up, BUT
when I saw that it was chipped I just couldn't risk not being able to replace it.

I can tell you that the walk was an emotional roller coaster,
BUT THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE!!
And I want to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment